Zoom Live Automatic Transcript (Live Captions)
Enabling the Live Automatic Transcription Service in Zoom
Closed Captioning should now be turned on by default for all Cal Poly accounts. You will still need to press the Live Transcript button to start the captioning.
If the caption button is not there, the following steps will activate the feature for all future meetings created in your account.
- Log into your Cal Poly Zoom profile.
- Click Settings from the left side menu
- Click In Meeting (Advanced) or scroll down to that section of the settings.
- Turn on Closed captioning (the slider will move to the right and become blue).
- Under that option, check the box that says Enable live transcription service to show transcript on the side panel in-meeting.
- Click Save to confirm that setting.
Starting the Live Automatic Transcription during a Meeting
Note: Only the host can turn auto transcription on or off.
- Click the Live Transcript (CC) button on the Zoom control bar at the bottom of the window.
- Then click the Enable Auto-Transcription button in the pop-up box.
- The meeting host will immediately see the captions at the bottom of the Zoom meeting video.
- A new set of options will be available for host and attendees by clicking the small arrow on the Live Transcript button to select how they wish to view the captions/transcript.
- These new settings are:
- Show Subtitle
- The subtitles (captions) will show at the bottom of the video frame. (For the host, click Hide Subtitle if you don't want them visible on the recording.)
- View Full Transcript
- The transcript will appear in a side-panel Transcript window, and the full transcript to that point may be saved by clicking Save Transcript. Host and attendees can also search the transcript by entering text into the Search transcript field at the top of the window.
- Subtitle Settings
- Participants can change the appearance of the subtitles.
- Show Subtitle