Policies and Plans
The following references are provided for convenient reference. Current, official Cal Poly administrative policies are online at https://policy.calpoly.edu/.
Visit the CSU Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI) site for additional information.
California State University Policies
- CSU Coded Memo AA-2013-03: "Accessible Technology Initiative" - AA-2013-03 supercedes all previous coded memos (AA-2006-41, AA-2007-04, AA-2007-13, AA-2008-21, AA-2009-19, AA-2010-13, and AA-2011-21)
- CSU Coded Memo AA 2014-08: "Policy for the Provision of Accommodations and Support Services to Students with Disabilities"
- CSU Executive Order No. 926: The California State University Board of Trustees Policy on Disability Support and Accommodations
- Web Sites and Accessibility to Digital Content
Covered by Section E.11 of the Information Technology Resources Responsible Use Policy
- Cal Poly Academic Senate Resolution AS-654-07 on Timely Accessibility to Instructional Materials
- Cal Poly Academic Senate Resolution AS-628-05/Resolution on Accessibility to Information Technology Resources
- CSU Academic Senate Resolution AS-2700-05/FA on Students' Access to Academic Information Technology
- Cal Poly Academic Senate Resolution AS-187-85/SAC on Student with Disabilities (PDF)
- Campus Communications
Related Laws and Standards
- Sections 508 of the Rehabilitation Act requires access to electronic and information technology procured by Federal agencies. The Access Board developed accessibility standards for the various technologies covered by the law.
- California Government Code 11135 requires state agencies, including CSU campuses, to comply with Section 508 standards
- W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act