Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2016
You’re invited to help Cal Poly celebrate Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD)
on Thursday, May 19th from 9:15 AM - 2 PM at Kennedy Library near Julian's Cafe.
GAAD is about awareness and to get people talking, thinking and learning about
digital accessibility (web, software, mobile) and users with different disabilities.
Come explore the empathy lab, interact with subject-matter experts, and engage in hands-on workshops!
Schedule of Events (Kennedy Library)
- 9:15 – 9:45 am – Kickoff (near Julian’s Café)
- 10:00 – 2:00 pm – Empathy Lab is open to visitors (near Julian’s Café)
- 10:00 – 11:00 am – Workshop “Creating accessible DOC/PDF” by Tonia Malone in Room 216B (Active Learning Lab)
- 11:10 – 12:30 pm – Workshop “How to use Amara to caption videos you don’t own” by Dr. Luanne Fose in Room 216B (Active Learning Lab)
- 2:00 pm – Empathy Lab closes
Make accessibility a forethought...not an afterthought!
Digital Inclusivity Resource Kit (DIRK)
Here is a 1-page resource for creating accessible digital materials (DIRK PDF)